Every company needs a comprehensive identity and access management (IAM) strategy. Having a user-friendly solution in place can boost productivity, improve network security solutions, and limit user access to designated team members. However, the increase in cloud computing and remote staff members make it more difficult to find an IAM solution that satisfies exactly what you’re looking for. Whether you’re installing a brand-new strategy or updating your current one, there are several benefits to updating your management system. We’ve listed some helpful benefits that an IAM solution can offer for your company so that you know exactly what you can look forward to when you make the switch.
- Adaptability: The last thing you want for your company is to remain stagnant. IAM solutions can help account for an increasingly distributed workforce. Whether you’re adding more members in-house, or need to account for remote employees, it’s easier than ever to maintain a consistent system experience that’s user-friendly, accessible, and remains secure from unwanted intruders.
- Accessibility Across Devices: With more software applications available than ever for your company, it can be daunting to find a management solution that accounts for each individual user, whether they’re using Salesforce, Office 365, or SharePoint. Managing user identities across each application is easier than ever with a comprehensive, consolidated IAM solution.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Capabilities: Make password confusion a thing of the past. Password management across multiple domains for simple authentication practices so that you never have to worry about being locked out of the application you need to use.
- Compliance: If you’re not cautious about compliance with whichever set of regulatory standards you need to be up-to-date with (whether it’s HIPAA, PCI DSS, or others), then you could be in serious trouble. If your network is geared toward simplifying your network rather than complicating your identity information, then you’re in a much better space when it comes to complying with industry standards. It’s simple to identify which user was compromised so that you can directly address the security breach. Updated reporting for traffic, network security, are crucial for identifying best practices.
- Increased Security Profiles: Although it’s easier than ever to sign on to your myriad of applications, that doesn’t necessarily make it easier for unwanted users to access the same information. With an updated security policy that accounts for when and where you’re logging on (to discern a common user from a hacker), your network will be in safer hands than ever.
Don’t waste time with an inadequate network solution that makes your life harder than it needs to be. With streamlined identity and access management practices available, your network will be in better shape than ever before.